Protecting what matters most to you is our Agency’s first priority. Unfortunately, during this festive season, Grinches in many different shapes and sizes are out to steal everyone’s holiday cheer. Here are some areas to look at to prevent your house from being on their hit list.
While you are, stringing up the lights and setting up the tree make sure to
- Display the tree but NOT the presents. The tree looks beautiful through the front windows but store the presents elsewhere. These become easy targets for thieves.
- Set a timer for outside lights. As the nights become longer, make sure outside lights are set to go off whether you are home or away.
- Turn on a light when you leave. Holiday parties many keep you out late but do not let anyone know it! Turn on a light and maybe even the radio as you are on your way out.
While posting holiday festivities to Facebook
- Wait until you get home. Avoid posting pictures or tags of your family being away from the house while you are still out. Criminals love to know when you are away.
- Check privacy settings. Online events are an easy way to send and gather invites but be sure to check your privacy settings insuring only people you know can see when and where you will be out.
When shopping for gifts
- Take a shopping buddy. When possible always go with a friend. Parking lots and driveways are a heavily hit spot.
- Keep one hand free. If you cannot shop with a friend, make sure to leave one hand free when coming and going from the car. Avoid piling more than you can handle with one hand, it will help you to stay aware of your surroundings.
Give yourself Peace of Mind. Protect you and your family by investing in homeowners, renters or car insurance through our agency allowing us to recover your seasonal cheer if a burglary does happen.